This area is for notices and items of interest to all car owners. Below you will find links to important governmental agencies as well as some current items. If you know of an item that you feel car collectors should know about, please submit it to the webmaster for consideration for inclusion on this site.
President's Message - May 2013
Hello Car Guys & Gals,
We just completed another very successful Spring Legislative Conference. The ACCC is 41 years old this year and this was the 27th Annual Conference.
We had a dynamite line-up of speakers who spoke about;
• Current Regulatory Conditions in California
• Ethanol – E10 and E15 and national legislation to end ethanol production
• Not For Profit 501 c 3 status and how to file for it
• Club Incorporation status and to file for it
• Presentation from Barbara Rooney Legislative Advocate Cal DMV
• Updates on SEMA Action Network from Director Colby Martin
• Updates on Historic Vehicle Association (HVA) from President Mark Gessler
• Updates on Legacy License Plate program from Legislative Director Aaron Moreno
• Presentations from Assemblywoman Beth Gaines
• Presentations from Assemblywoman Kristin Olsen
• Presentation from Assemblyman Tim Donnelly
• Presentation from Chief of BAR John Wallauch
The two day Conference was presented by Bertolucci’s Body & Fender Shop and sponsored by Hagerty Insurance; B&J Body Shop & Tow; LA Roadsters; and the Capital City Mopars. A big thank you to our sponsors for their continued support. The Conference was presented in the memory of ACCC Director & Conference Chair Person Butch Gardner. Plans are in the works for next year’s conference…Get back to us with ideas, suggestions, or things you would like to see at the 2014 Conference.
The ACCC will be attending several major car shows & events in the coming year with the 2013 ACCC Informational Tour. The Tour will be stopping by a city near you…Look for the ACCC at…
• Gold Rush Car Show – May 10-11, 2013 in Oroville.
• Goodguys - June 2 & 3 in Pleasanton.
• Save Our Cars Car Show – August 3, 2013 at Sacramento Vintage Ford.
• Hot August Nights – August 6th through August 11th in Reno, NV.
• Goodguys - August 24, 25 & 26 in Pleasanton.
• Roamin Angel’s Show – September 6-7-8, 2013 in Grass Valley.
• Cruisin For A Cure Show – September 28th in Costa Mesa.
• Veterans’ Car Show – October 6, 2013 in Loma Linda.
• Grand National Roadster Show – January 24-26, 2014 at Pomona Fairplex
• Sacramento Autorama – February 14-16, 2014 at CalExpo
• Local car shows in Northern; Central. And Southern Cal.
Last but not least, I want to encourage you to “Save the Date” for the First Annual ACCC Butch Gardner Memorial “Save Our Cars” Car Show. The show is scheduled for Saturday, August 3, 2013 and will be presented by Bertolucci’s Body & Fender Shop and will be hosted by Darold Kohout, owner of Sacramento Vintage Ford in Rancho Cordova, CA. There will be Dash Plaques, Awards, Food, Vendors, T-shirt Sales, 50/50 Raffle, DJ Music & Live bands. Pick-up a flyer at Sacramento Vintage Ford; American Pastimes; SoCal Speed Shop; and Tognotti’s. More information will be forthcoming as the date gets closer.